Thursday, July 31, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I have heard from other more experienced parents that your kids pick up on what you do and will emulate your actions. I try to set a good example most of the time and watch what I say and do around her. However, I didn't realize Clara would be imitating me doing something that I myself didn't even realize I was doing! Lately, after taking a big gulp from her sippy cup, Clara will let out a huge sigh. Like 'Ahhhhhhhhh'. Since she started doing this, I have caught myself in the act a few times. I wouldn't have even taken note of it except that Clara has picked up on the habit. I tried to catch her on video, but it took a few minutes. There are some funny little clips first and then at the end you will see her acting like this is the most refreshing drink of water she has ever had!