Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back from Vacation

We are back from vacation and I am ready to blog again! We had such a great time in Arkansas visiting family. Tom, Clara, my parents, my sister and her husband and my grandparents were all there.

Clara had a great time...she really loves all the attention. She is pretty much walking everywhere. I'm not sure how many times she has fallen and gotten back up over the last week, but its got to be in the hundreds. All her persistence has paid off and she can really get around fast now!

My sister celebrated her 24th birthday while we were all there. We usually are in Arkansas over Ann's birthday, and over the years, we noticed there was a picture of Ann with her cake at the kitchen table. The 4th of July tablecloth was always on, so now grandma makes a point of taking Ann's picture with the tablecloth.

Happy Birthday Ann!





Also, my grandparents will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary later on this month. 60 years is quite an accomplishment! They are great role models for Tom and I.

My mom made them a quilt with pillow shams and pillows.


We spent a lot of time on the lake, skiing and riding the jet ski. It is so much fun!! Clara took a few rides too.


Great Grandma, Grandma and Clara


Today we took my mom back to the airport so she could fly home to Houston. Tom and I will miss her company and babysitting(we got to go out on 3 dates while she was here) and Clara will miss her love and attention. Luckily we will see her and my Dad next month when we take a trip to Texas :)