Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We are now in Houston at my parents house. Clara and I are doing great. We have been so busy and I have not had as much time to update the blog as I would like...here's an update on the past few days.

We left Dallas on Sunday afternoon. Here's the last picture we took with Clara, Hannah, and Jake.

On Monday afternoon, Clara and I went to visit my sister Ann at her work. We went out to a local hotspot called George's. Clara and I tried fried pickles for the first time. They were a hit! Here's a picture of Ann and my little sweetie :)

She is the director of operations for the Baylor University equestrian team so Clara had the opportunity to see some horses in person. She had a great time feeding Frenchie some carrots.


She also got to 'ride' on a horse. Clara didn't seem to scared, but when is she?!


We left Waco Tuesday morning and headed to Houston where we had lunch with some of my old friends at Citgo. Dracine, Amanda and I used to work in Tulsa together and they have both since transferred to Houston with the company. They were both instrumental in getting me to start running. Amanda and I ran the OKC marathon together a few years ago. They were a great motivation...I wish we lived as close as we used to!


We got to my parent's house and everyone took a long nap!! We needed it after the late nights, long drives, and listening to a certain little girl fuss in her car seat for a few hours. Clara quickly found the inside of the dog crate...the girl is obsessed with these things!


We have gone on a few walks, played at the park, and ran some errands around Kingwood. Other than that, Clara has been having fun playing with Beau and climbing all over the treadmill. Tomorrow we are going downtown to have lunch with my dad and visit some friends at his office.

Last but not least, here's a picture of my good friend Renee and I at the reunion.