Sunday, August 17, 2008

Travel Update

Last night was my 10 year class reunion. It was way more fun than I anticipated! I came from a HUGE class - almost 1500 of us graduated back in 1998. I was thinking I probably wouldn't know or recognize many people there, but it turns out to be quite the opposite. The highlight was seeing my old band friends. We were a close knit group (aka band nerds) that spent a lot of time together in and outside of school. We had early morning sectional practices, the in-school band class, after school marching band practice, football games, after game pizza dinners at Cici's, competetions, etc. You get the picture. We picked up like we just graduated last week. It was so fun and I am hoping to keep up better contact with them in the future.

Have you heard of the tv show Ugly Betty? (I don't watch it either) One of the supporting characters is Michael Urie He went to high school with me and was there last night.

Clara and I are now in Waco, Texas visiting my sister, Ann and her hubby Jared. I have to say Clara is exhausted. She didn't take a nap at all today. I take that back, she slept about 15 minutes in the car. The poor girl is so tired which ironically, will probably make for a bad night tonight. She already has woke up crying twice since being put down to bed at 7:45 tonight. Hopefully she will be back to her normal schedule tomorrow.

I'll post some pictures soon. We are happy to be visiting Ann and Jared. Their house looks great - so nicely decorated and homey feeling. More updates to follow tomorrow...