Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Spice It Up!

There's been a new addition to the bedtime routine. After Clara's bath (still do that in the portable bath in the kitchen sink) we dry her off on the countertop and then TRY to get her dressed. I say 'try' because she does not like laying down - not even for even a minute or two to get a diaper change in.

So lately, in desperation, I have been giving her a couple spice bottles to pacify her in hopes that I can get a diaper on her before she rolls over and stands up. Arrrrggghh!!

Well, the other night we had a very funny situation. I gave Clara a bottle of sage to play with. Tom and I are tag teaming Clara, trying to quickly get the diaper on and her pajamas on and buttoned up. She's really into the Sage bottle...the next thing - I look at Clara and she is COVERED in sage!! I cannot see Clara's skin - just green, smelly flecks covering her entire cute little face. She must have opened the bottle or the lid wasn't on very tight. Clara didn't move - she had the most shocked look on her face! It really was funny. Tom and I just picked her up and put her back in the sink - pajamas on and everything. We sprayed her down and cleaned off the countertops because there was sage all over the place. Even though it was in Clara's eyes, she never was too bothered by it all.

So here are some pictures from the next night. I still let her play with the spices because this really does work well. However, I now make sure the lid is on TIGHT before giving it to her!


Most of the time I put on Clara's pajamas while she stands up and plays with all the bottles.


One nice, clean baby ready for bed!