Saturday, August 23, 2008

Traveling Across Country Makes for a Sleepy Baby

If you look through all my digital pictures, you won't find any of Clara sleeping, unless you count the ones of her as a tiny newborn who isn't even back up to her birth weight. We have wood floors in our house and they creak. Really loudly. Combine that with a light sleeper and I don't get to see Clara sleep very often. Since we have been on vacation, I have really enjoyed creeping into whatever room or hotel she is sleeping in and checking up on my little girl. Her cherubic face looks so sweet and peaceful...a far cry from the running and squealing she does all day long.

She has been going down so easy for her naps and at night...all the driving around Texas, visiting friends and family, and the new sights and sounds have made Clara a sleepy little girl.



Tomorrow, I will be packing up, doing laundry, and running last minute errands for our trip to Oregon. Clara and I will be meeting Tom on Monday in Portland. We have been gone for 9 days and miss him a lot!