Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dance, Dance Revolution

I have a new hobby...and it actually involves some exercise. Something my body hasn't seen in a loooonnnnggg time! It's actually a video game. You may ask - how can a video game be exercise? Well, the game I'm playing is called Dance, Dance, Revolution. It involves a special mat which hooks up to the playstation 2 system. The video game is set to music and tells me where to step on the mat. It's a lot of fun and really hard, especially for a klutzy, not-really-all-that-coordinated person like myself. Clara has been doing great. She is just scooting around the house faster and faster every day. Her favorite word is still 'Hi!' and she exclaims this to just about anyone who makes eye contact with her :) She is going through some separation anxiety lately. We leave her in the church nursery on Sunday mornings and on Tuesday mornings when I go to a bible study. She is so NOT happy in there...and I get paged to come get her. All the other kids seem to do fine, but Clara really wants her mommy. However, this past Sunday, she was able to stay in there the whole time and even seemed to have a good time! I'm really encouraged by this.

Here is a cute little video I took today. Nothing too exciting, but shows a little of Clara's personality. I know...Clara looks like a little boy in this airplane sleeper outfit. This is a hand-me-down and oh so soft so she wears it quite often for bed! Please ignore the boyish outfit and notice the curls on the back of her head. They are coming in so cute!