Thursday, August 14, 2008

Travel Plans

Hello friends and family!

Clara and I have been busy the past few days getting ready for our big trip to Texas! I am really excited because I get to see my brother, sister-in-law and their kids in Dallas, my sister and brother-in-law in Waco and then my parents in Houston. My 10 year high school reunion is in Dallas this weekend so I will also get to reconnect with a lot of friends from Plano too. Have you heard of the online community called Facebook? It has been an awesome way to get in touch with old friends - my best friend from elementary school and I have been emailing back and forth and I'm going to meet up with her in Dallas too. I'm also hoping to catch up with some old co-workers from my time at Citgo in Houston. Lots of pictures to come!!

After our trip to Texas, Clara and I will be meeting up with Tom for a vacation in Oregon. Neither Tom nor I have ever been there, but we have been inspired by my college sorority sister Catrina to do some camping, hiking, and road tripping through Oregon. Catrina lives there and has a terrific blog called Sipping Chardonnay which she frequently updates with breathtaking pictures of her hiking experiences and her adorable kidds, Wyatt and Avery. Interesting tidbit - Catrina and I had the exact same due dates, and Clara and Avery were born one day apart.

I plan on taking lots of pictures and am hoping to update the blog as much as possible. If you don't see any updates for a few days, know that we are staying busy and visiting friends and family!!

Here's a picture from Clara's first airplane ride when she was 6 weeks old - The other guy is the pilot :)