Thursday, April 2, 2009

Way too long!

It's been a while!! I apologize to all our family who haven't got to see pictures of their granddaughter, niece, cousin, friend, etc. I know I have been holding out on you for a long time (way too long!) and honestly, I don't have a lot to show for it. Unfortunately, Clara is going on these anti-picture streaks where she won't stand still for a picture because the second I take the camera out she runs over asking to see the picture. Clara has not grasped the concept of WAITING until I actually take the picture, and then come running over to see the picture I've taken. I put up the digital camera for a few weeks and thought I would try again today. Same old story. Like Tom told me, I just need to start taking a lot of action shots.

Anyways, can you believe my baby is 21 months old now?!? What, you may wonder, is Clara up to right now? Well...she likes to color pictures, likes to play with her giant legos, loves to be read to, loves to push her stroller on walks (and throws a fit when we make her actually sit in the stroller!), and is really good about helping to clean up her toys after she's done with them.

Some of her odder and cute quirky things: she immediately tells Tom or I to 'Buckle! Buckle!' after we get in the car, has specific carts she likes in the grocery store (the blue or red ones that look like little race cars), she gets out her honey and peanut butter for me every morning to prepare her breakfast, she says 'yea church!' when we tell her we're going to church, she swings and tries to climb on the back on her high chair while saying 'Monkey! Monkey!', she carries a stool which is about half her size around the house and it's pretty heavy for her too. She'll yell out 'stool!' and sure enough comes back with it from wherever she needed it last so that she can climb up on something or see something she wants to see. There are so many funny and sweet things...she cracks us up.

Just an update on the house...no buyers yet, and honestly, not a whole lot of interest either. We are looking into getting a realtor soon. Tom has been working a TON up at his residency and doing quite a bit of moonlighting too. Tonight is his last night up at the hospital for a while and we are both so ready for us all to be back on a normal schedule.

Here are some pictures from the last month or so...