Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wizard of Oz

A few weeks ago I was in the drive through lane at McDonalds and noticed the Happy Meal toys. They were the Wizard of Oz collection of dolls and not only were they pretty cute, they were made by the Madame Alexander company.

Every Christmas for about 10 years of my childhood, I would get a different Madame Alexander doll for my collection. I think I have just about all the Gone With the Wind characters, 'Laura Ingalls Wilder' from Little House on the Prairie, and a few others I can't recall. The dolls are still at my parents' house because my mom really loves dolls the most.

Back to Mickey D's...I knew I had to get these dolls for myself for Clara since they were so cute and little and geez...their eyes even opened and closed! (I know...you are probably thinking I have lost it at this point!) The funny thing is I haven't even seen the Wizard of Oz movie. Ever. (You're probably thinking I'm even weirder at this point) I never was too interested in those weird munchkins and Oz and the yellow brick road.

Anyways, I immediately call my mom to tell her about my discovery. She is equally excited and is more than happy to help me collect all 12 characters. This is one thing I love about her...when she is enthusiastic about something - watch out! She's on a mission! She found all 12 characters for me within two days! Thanks Mom!

(From L to R: Winkie Guard, Flower Munchkin, Dorothy, Wizard of Oz, Lollipop Munchkin, Glinda the Good Witch, Wicked Witch of the West, Tin Man, Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion, Lullaby Munchkin, Winged Monkey)