Saturday, October 18, 2008

More Fall Fun

We have had some fun this weekend and a near catastrophe...

Last night we had our friends Paul, Kathy and Joe over for dinner and a bonfire. It's gotten pretty cool here this week and our fire pit was ready to be lit up! The guys did a great job of getting a roaring fire going and we had a lot of fun hanging out by the fire and keeping warm.


Eventually the guys felt a yearning to relive their childhood years and Clara's tricycle felt the brunt of their fun.

It was pretty late when the fire went out so we left everything to pick up this morning. Tom left to run some errands, Clara was down for a nap and I started cleaning up outside. I swept the ashes from the fire pit into the trash can and went back inside to tackle the kitchen. About 20 minutes later I hear an urgent knock on the backdoor. It's my neighbors from across the street and they tell me the trashcan is on fire!! I run outside and there are flames on the back side of the trashcan!! They were big enough to be seen from inside our neighbors house...probably 150 feet away. We are so thankful they noticed what was going on, and I am so thankful I didn't put the trashcan back in the garage. We dodged a bullet! Thanks Patrick and Margot!!

This afternoon we headed to Tanner's Farm. Tanner's has an apple orchard, corn maze, petting zoo, tractor rides, pumpkin patch, a country store and a lot of other activities for kids to enjoy. It's a lot of fun and a yearly tradition for many families around here.


We wanted Clara to pose in front of the sign with us, but she had other plans!




I have never seen a billy goat in a tree house or a pulley contraption to bring up food. Random, but funny!