Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mid-September Update

Hello! It is starting to feel like Fall here and it's just beautiful! The weather is cool and breezy, but still warm enough to have shorts and a t-shirt on most of the time.

Clara is still loving preschool. I am so thankful it is going well. Today was picture day and I'm curious how well she cooperated with the photographer. It has been nice to have the mornings to get things done (or not) while William naps and Clara is at school. I am car pooling with my neighbor which has been great because the school is about a 45 minute round trip drive.

Today I took some pictures before nap time. Both kiddos are looking more grown up these days. So are the chickens. They are really pretty, surpisingly. I'm glad we have 5 different types. Their feathers are so different and striking. Not sure if I have put it on the blog, but we ended up with one rooster. He is protective of all his hens (we call them his harem) but headstrong and domineering of us too. We have had to put him in his place (i.e. whack him on the head a few times) because he comes after us. It's kind of scary and funny at the same time.

Also, did I mention my parents are building a house in Arkansas. Here's a link to their blog which they update about once a week with progress on the house. It is coming along so well and is going to be such an awesome place! http://www.lakeviewdream.blogspot.com/


Anyways, here are some pics.
Almost 11 months...getting so handsome!  He has been eating so much lately!  I am crossing my fingers for another great eater like his big sister. 

The black and white chicken is the silver wyandot...pretty cool pattern on its neck and back.
I love  her curly blond hair.  So pretty!


Caught her in  a thinking moment.
 
Cute little girl!! 
 
I like this picture.  It looks like William took off with Clara's flip-flop and she is in the background looking at her bare foot.