Thursday, June 4, 2009

20 Week Sonogram: It's A...

Surprise!!

Sorry to get your hopes us, but Tom and I decided recently to wait on finding out the sex of this baby until his or her birthday. I had my 20 week appointment today and the sonographer said the baby looked wonderful. She counted 10 fingers and toes, saw the 4 chambers of the heart, looked at the spine and stomach and the facial features. She thought everything looked healthy which was all we really wanted to hear. I may not feel as much movement with this baby as I did with Clara due to the position of the placenta. I'm a little disapointed about that, but I'm feeling little flutters so hopefully I'll still get my share of kicks throughout the next four and a half months.

Here are some pictures from my visit today.





My doctor thought the baby was a girl with a heart rate of 186 beats per minute.