Thursday, January 15, 2009

Colder still...-16 degrees this morning

Today it was -16 degrees when I went to take Clara to music class. We were both seeing our breath in the car as we drove downtown listening to the Music Together cd and talking about playing instruments and going to class. Clara really loves the class - she is excited, smiling and clapping when she wakes up Thursday mornings and I tell her it's music day.

So imagine Clara's disappointment and mine, when we trudge up the stairs to the studio (after paying to park and freezing our behind's off during the walk to the class) and find out class has been cancelled! Clara's in tears and I'm pretty frustrated because the rule for cancelling is if the public schools are in session, than class is on. The rules do not always apply I guess. Big time bummer.

So I decide to go to the Riverplex for the Totally Tots program which is a kid's gym/play time. We drive the short distance and then park, get out, freeze ourselves silly etc....only to find out Totally Tots was cancelled too!! Tears again from Clara, disappointment from me.

We drive home. Better luck next week!

Yesterday, we got stir crazy enough to go outside and play in the snow. Clara had a really good time even though she fell face first into the snow a couple times. Seriously, the girl is small in stature, but not in perseverance. She walked down the street with Chelsea, playing in the snow and enjoying the outdoors.



After coming inside she decided to eat the snow off her gloves...yummy!
One word Clara has been using a lot lately is 'See, See'. She wants us to pick her up and look out the window at whatever. She also knows that after you take a picture, she can see it on the digital camera. So yesterday I wanted to get some pictures of her playing. I could not get her to sit still and take the picture before she ran over to 'See, see!!'. Here's her mid-run back to me to see the picture I took.