Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Slow blogging month

Sorry for the lack of blogs...I must have 'blogger block' or something that has prevented me with coming up with any good ideas for posts. Clara also has gotten very good at turning away from the camera when I try to take pictures which is getting a little frustrating for me!! Doesn't she know I need to capture every detail of her childhood so that she can relive it in 15 years or so!?!

Besides the camera aversion, Clara is doing really well. She is talking more and more and will try to repeat words when we ask her. She 'explains' things to me all the time and I try to come up with replies that sound like I understand what she's saying, but it's a tough thing to do! She weighs 22 pounds now, a petite little girl. Her appetite does not reflect this though. I now cook enough for 3 people to eat...no more of giving a few bites from our plate and filling her up. She loves mandaran oranges and raisins right now, but eats just about anything. She even gobbled up sauerkraut yesterday!

We have started going to the gym and I ran 2.5 miles today! It's been a very long time since I have done any type of workout and my legs are a little sore. There is a really nice child's play area full of toys and friendly workers to watch Clara while I do my thing. She tolerates it and doesn't scream when I leave her, but there are usually some tears at some point while I'm gone...so I have been told. I am hoping we are on the tail end of the separation anxiety bandwagon.

Pictures coming soon!