Thursday, June 12, 2008

Vacation Bible School

Well, this week has been fun and chaotic. Clara and I have been up at church helping out with VBS. Clara's schedule has had to change which means she's only getting one nap (normally she has been getting two). Clara goes to the nursery and I am with the 4 year olds. They are really sweet and (for the most part) pretty well behaved. There is one girl who likes to throw tear-filled tantrums anytime she doesn't get her way...she's interesting ;) Yesterday, I was sitting on the floor with the kids and a little girl was in my lap. She told me, 'I don't feel good...I want to go home' in this really weak and puny voice. Next thing I know, she has barfed all over me and the boy next to me. Poor girl...she really didn't feel good! Yuck!

The theme for the week is 'Out of Egypt'. We are learning about Moses and his trek to lead the Israealites out of Egypt. The kids love it and actually soak up a lot more of the story than I would ever have thought. They sing songs and do crafts. There is also recess and snack time - always a big hit. Tomorrow is the last day of VBS and then it's back to normal at the Trent house.